The Vision of the Care & Share program is to support independent living for people who are 65 and over, who may be socially isolated or need help to attend out of home to participate in activities appropriate to their interests and abilities.
- To provide a warm and welcoming community environment.
- To improve the quality of life for people aged 65 and over who live independently in their own home.
- To enhance the general health and wellbeing of the participants
- To provide a safe and friendly place for participants to have fun, meet, socialise and make new friends
- To provide engaging and enjoyable social activities including but not limited to crafts, games, conversation, light exercises and occasional outings /bus trips.
- To provide respite time for carers and assist them to access Carer Support Services
Care & Share has been operating since 1987 and is administered by Trinity Baptist Church Community Services. Care & Share at Trinity is a Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) funded program under the auspice of the Home and Community Care Act 1985.
The benefits of attending
The Care & Share program strives to improve the health and well being of people over the age of 65 who live in the South/East Metropolitan area.