The Care & Share program strives to improve the health and well being of people over the age of 65 who live in the South/East Metropolitan Aged Care Planning region by providing a quality day centre program that recognises:
- To maintain and/or increase opportunities to promote well being and independence through meaningful participation in recreation, leisure, education, art and cultural activities for people who are older.
- To increase social networks for our program participants
- To enhance the quality of the relationship between the carer and the person for whom they care.
- To develop and support opportunities for people who are old and frail or have a disability to relearn old skills or develop new skills.
- To increase opportunities for carers to replenish themselves through participation in recreation, leisure, education, art and cultural activities: to gain respite from their caring role when the person they care for is involved in other activities.
The Commonwealth Government through the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) provides funding via a tri-annual grant enabling Care & Share to provide the services for the social group activities.